“Ognem” Foundation was founded in 2008 by famous composer Edgar Gyanjumyan. The main aim of the foundation is the support in treatment to children who have leukemia, to provide information about the disease, to organize meetings and publications about treatment of children with this diagnosis, making statistics about the children who have leukemia, organization of charity activities to get financial support also cooperation with foreign organizations with the same priority. Also the Foundation provides information, financial assistance, and emotional support to families of adults and children affected by leukemia, lymphoma, and other related blood disorders.
Objectives and motivation
The main aim of the project is to assist the staff members of the foundation, work with children who have got different blood diseases, to help the staff members to organize charitable events and activities, game activities for children etc. The volunteer will be involved in all programs and will be encouraged to propose his/her own ideas and suggestions. The volunteer will live and work with the local community. Apart from working with the children, he/she will have the possibility to spend his/her free time with them and to learn a lot about Armenia. The volunteer will be involved in discussions and seminars about the future of the children and will be able to share his/her opinion on the situation with parents and staff of hospitals. With the help of the volunteer they will be able to organize more workshops, in which the children according to their health can draw, sculpture, sing and dance.
The daily routine and tasks could be as follows (will be decided after the arrival of the volunteer together with the staff and will be more flexible):
- Visiting children, who are having their treatment in hospitals, to play with them, to organize interesting games and activities
- Help in making statistics of children who have leukemia and other blood diseases
- Organization of charity activities in hospitals and children’s centers
- Searching for financial support from local and international sponsors
- Promotion of the activities of the foundation in international organizations, writing articles about activities
- Updating the website with new events and upcoming activities
- Organization of charitable events for hospitals- when everybody can gift something for children or can participate in common games, concerts. The volunteer will be able to practice administrative skills in planning and organizing such events
- Making programs of entertainment for children in hospitals and centers
- Organization of arts and crafts competitions in hospitals
- Creating of Game Rooms in hospitals, organization of game hours for children
Support and training will be provided by the staff of the organization and by the community. The volunteer will be invited to social events and will be supported in learning and practicing basic Armenian language, according to his/her wish.
The volunteer will work 5 days per week (approx. 30 hours) and will have weekends off.